Bill Padley is a Scottish born award winning record producer , songwriter and Radio Presenter.
Bill Padley Musical Highlights
- Started playing guitar/singing at age 3
- Performed on national TV at age 11 as singer/guitarist
- Composed/Produced well over 1000 commercial jingles
- Has written and produced FOUR UK and worldwide number one records
- Has won an Ivor Novello award for best selling British Single
- Two Further Ivor Novello Award nominations
- 4 Brit award nominations
In 2006 Bill was awarded the most prestigious and sought after of accolades, an Ivor Novello Award for his co-write of the massive Xmas 2005 no. 1 hit ‘Thats my Goal’ by Shayne Ward. The track spent 4 weeks at number 1, sold 1.3 million copies in the UK, and is recorded as being one of the fastest selling UK singles ever, and is still the biggest-selling X Factor winning song.
- Co-wrote ‘Whole Again’ for Atomic Kitten, & was responsible for the production & mix on the International hit version. ‘Whole Again’ won Bill 2 Ivor Novello nominations, as well as selling more than 2 million copies worldwide, & spending 4 weeks at UK no.1.
- Produced, as well as writing the new ‘Get the feeling’ section on the Atomic Kitten single ‘Tide is High (Get the Feeling)’ – the result being another UK no. 1, spending 3 weeks at the top of the chart, & charting in the USA Billboard Chart.
- Produced the huge airplay record ‘Kiss Kiss’ by Holly Valance, which went to 1 in the UK & Australia, & charted top 10 all across Europe.
- Co-wrote, & produced the track ‘Best in Me’ on the massive No 1, & 4x Platinum Award winning album ‘All Rise’ by Blue.
- Success in America, with four tracks on Play’s hit album ‘Replay’, & Atomic Kitten’s ‘Tide Is High (Get The Feeling)’ spending months in the Disney Radio Top 20 after featuring on the multi platinum ’Lizzie McGuire’ Soundtrack
Singles Bill has written
“Whole Again” – Atomic Kitten
“The Tide Is High” – Atomic Kitten
“That’s My Goal” – Shayne Ward
“Bye Bye Boy” – Jennifer Ellison
“Girl’s Mind” – Play
“I Must Not Chase the Boys” – Play
Other Notable Compositions
Best In Me – Blue
If It Takes All Night – Blue
Love R.I.P. – Blue
Joy and Pain – Ronan Keating
Absolutely – Gareth Gates
Where Does It End Now? – Samantha Mumba
Confessions – Britannia High
Bill as Producer and other credits
Julia Fordham – Julia Fordham (1988, producer and sound engineer)
Sheryl Crow – Hits and Rarities (2000, Producer)
Fugees – Greatest Hits (2000, Producer)
Blue – All Rise (2002, Producer, Writer,programming, instrumentation)
Ronan Keating – Destination (2002, Arranger, producer, instrumentation)
Disneymania (2002, Producer)
Atomic Kitten – Feels So Good (2002, Arranger, programming, producer, instrumentation)
Holly Valance – Footprints (2002, Arranger, programming, multi instruments, producer, mixing)
Atomic Kitten – Atomic Kitten (2003, Arranger, keyboards, programming, producer, instrumentation)
Gareth Gates – Go Your Own Way (2003, instrumentation)
The Lizzie McGuire Movie Original Soundtrack (2003, Producer)
Blue- Best of Blue (2004, Producer, instrumentation)
Play – Don’t Stop the Music (2004, Producer, instrumentation)
Gareth Gates – Go Your Own Way (2004, Producer, mixing, instrumentation)
Atomic Kitten – Greatest Hits (2004, Arranger, keyboards, programming, producer, remixing, instrumentation)
Lulu – Greatest Hits (2004, Arranger, programming, producer, instrumentation)
Shayne Ward – That’s my Goal (2005/6, Writer)